Things You Should Avoid When You Get Acne
Acne occurs when the skin’s pores clog up with excess oil, dead skin cells and sometimes bacteria. Hormonal reflection is the major cause of acne occurrence which often causes oil glands to produce excess oil, increasing acne risks.
It is important to take care of your skin to avoid blemishes and acne scars. There are plenty of things you can follow for skin care, but have you ever thought about things to avoid when you get acne? Acne care is essential, follow the certain steps given below about what to avoid when you come across that stubborn zit.
- No Popping: Popping an acne is the most common mistake people do without considering its consequences. Popping a pimple can lead to permanent scarring which is sometimes impossible to treat as the liquid which we usually call as pus, is released from the acne that can spread to nearby areas affecting your whole face. This may lead to more pimple and scarring.
- No sugary food: If you are someone who has an acne-prone skin, it is important to keep a track of your diet. Having sugary foods like chocolates, sweets and other dairy products foods which are high in processed sugar may trigger acne. Avoid greasy and junk food, instead you can add food that is more accumulated with zinc, and full of vitamins. Vitamin A & E, helps nourish skin and Vitamin C helps keep your pimples at bay.
- Avoid going out in the sun without applying sunscreen: The harmful UV rays of the sun can affect your skin adversely which may lead to more blemishes and acne. Limit your time in the sun, between the hours such as10 a.m. and 4 p.m., and wear protective clothing, like a broad-brimmed hat or cover your face with a scarf.
- Don’t touch your face too often: On a daily basis, we touch plenty of things and that dirt and debris gets cluttered on our fingers/hands which indirectly causes acne, the time we touch our face.
- Don’t sleep wearing your makeup: Sleeping with your make-up on is the worst harm you can do to your skin. Always cleanse your face properly before sleeping and clean the makeup applied, as the harmful chemicals included in makeup/foundations can impact your skin and it’s texture.
- Avoid wearing tight masks: Since maskne is the new acne coming up. We understand masks are mandatory, but of course maskne is not. You must avoid wearing tight and ordinary masks and always choose cotton cloth masks that are highly breathable, to let your skin receive some air. Applying DermaAngel acne patch underneath can help you keep your pimples at bay, therefore keeping your skin healthy and acne-free. DermaAngel hydrocolloid acne patch is almost invisible, easy to use, speeds up healing, affordable and effective.
- Lastly, stop doing experiments: If you are seriously looking for a great solution for your acne problem, it is essential to first stop experimenting with your skin. Visiting a certified dermatologist will help you in understanding the reasons behind getting those angry zits.
Popping/ picking acne or applying makeup will only make the situation worse. So if you don’t want to pop your acne or infect it with bacteria, try your hands on DermaAngel day & night acne patch, suitable for all skin types. The easiest, instant and effective way to heal & conceal your acne.